ICanLocalize translation process allows translators to work more efficiently and spare clients from all translation management. Using this process, we can deliver more accurate translations, faster and at a lower rate.
The translation system includes three parts.
- The client-interface extracts text for translation from the source material and builds back the completed translations.
- The translation server is the heart of the system. There we manage all the translations per client. This includes taxonomy management, translation, review and QA.
- The translation software is the tool translators use. This tool hides all the internal complexity from translators, allowing them to translate only the texts. Translators do not need to worry about source formats and other technical issues and can concentrate only on translating.
ICanLocalize has built dedicated client interfaces for software applications, websites and help manuals.
These interfaces provide a simple translation process for clients. Clients can enjoy the full power of our translation system, without having to know its inner-working.
Clients only choose what to translate and the system does the rest by extracting all the texts from the client’s sources. At the end of the translation process, the system builds back the translations in their original format. Clients can use these translations without any editing or further processing.
The translation server holds all translations for each client. Clients have their private work area, where we do all translations.
The translation process includes:
- Assigning translators and reviewers per project
- Maintaining client glossary
- Translation, Quality Assurance and Issue Tracking
We assign reviewers once per client and project. The same reviewer will manage all the translations for that client in one specific project. This ensures consistent language and writing style.
Translators are assigned per project. Clients can choose translators with the most relevant experience for different jobs. Of course, clients can keep using the same translator for all their different projects.
During the translation process, clients, translators and reviewers freely communicate. The objective is to remove any barriers, allowing translators to understand the client’s needs.
Translators and reviewers work together to produce the best translation. They take into account the target audience so that translation is more than correct. We strive to produce translations that appear native and natural.
All our translators use our own translation software. This software is optimized for translating websites and complex texts that include formating and markup.
Using this software, translators never see the complex structure of the original documents. The translators use a visual editor where they translate the texts. This means that translations always include correct structure and formatting.
Every translation job must pass the automated Quality Assurance steps in the translation software. Once the technical verification is complete, translations can further be reviewed by a second translator.