We’re planning a few WordPress training sessions, as live webinars. The purpose of these trainings is to teach folks how to use WordPress to build their business sites.
- Intro – a quick pass at what WordPress is and how you can use it.
- Business site basics – create static pages and a blog.
- Social features – let visitors interact with you through comments, tweets and contact forms.
- Search Engine Optimization – how to help Google fall in love with your site.
- Going multilingual – now, turn everything you’ve done before into fully multilingual.
The entire training will be from a user’s perspective. We’re not going to hack anything or write any code (not even HTML or CSS). I’ll be happy to answer any questions about advanced topics, but it’s not the purpose of the training.
When you’re done, you will be able to create your own dynamic and user-interactive site with WordPress.
The bottom line:
Who Can Benefit from WordPress?
The ICanLocalize community includes people from very different backgrounds.
There are about 1000 professional translators. If you’re one of them, I’m pretty sure that a stylish multilingual site is important to you.
Small businesses must have an online presence. With WordPress, you maintain this presence easily and at an incredibly low-cost. But more important than cost is your ability to quickly update the site and engage with visitors.
I’ll arrange the exact contents and schedule according to the participants and their background.
If you’re interested, leave a message here. Say what kind of site you’re looking to build and what your background is. Also, mention your timezone and which hours you can be free at.
We welcome everyone in ICanLocalize, but you can feel free to join even if you’re (still) not.